Friday, July 31, 2009

Baby Skin


My baby is now 9.5 months old. I love his chubby rolls. I love kissing his chubby cheeks and stroking his face as he lies in my arms.

When my eldest was born the midwife insisted that I didn't wash him for 3 days. As a first time mum I did whatever I was told (well, there were a few things that I raised my eyebrows at - but lets not go there!!). She told me not to use the (insert brand) baby wash that was in the bottom of the baby trolley. I was given the name of a brand of soap that she insisted was the only one that she believed was good enough to put on this precious soft skin. Mrs Beales was a great natural soap but was very hard to find.

When Henry was born last October I used Billie Goat Soap Soak. The water felt beautiful even running my hand through it checking the temperature. Compare the ingredients to what you will find on your typical supermarket bought baby wash. It says that one sachet lasts approx 4 baths, but I made it last at least 10.

Ingredients: Powdered goat's milk, colloidal oatmeal (avena sativa kernel flour), cocoa butter (Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter), Epsom salts (Magnesium Sulfate), Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate (mild preservative), tocopherol (Vitamin E).

Now that he is a little older I use the bath wash which I also use for mr 6 and miss 3. It goes on beautifully and my kids have never had issues with their skin.

No comments: