Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Four ingredients

A friend of mine popped over with a chicken pie that she had made shortly after Henry was born. Melinda is a fabulous home maker and a lovely friend. I felt like I might be asking her to part with a family secret when I asked her for the recipe. I almost fell over when she told me the ingredients. It was so simple and yet delicious. She told me that it could be found in this recipe book.

Prior to Christmas we were using a caterer for our meals for survival. I am enjoying being back in the kitchen, but the simpler the better.

Here is the chicken pie recipe found on page 118

2 sheets puff pastry
440g can condensed cream of chicken soup (she used chicken & mushroom)
1 cup cooked chicken without skin, cubed (can be bbq chicken. Melinda had roasted one)
500g frozen mixed vegies, thawed

Preheat oven to 180C. Line a greased pie dish with the first sheet of puff pastry (Melinda left this one out). Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and pour into pastry. Cover with remaining sheet, seal edges well by pressing with a fork. Cut several slits in the pie lid and bake for 30 minutes, or until lid is golden brown.

Enjoy :)

No comments: