Friday, May 22, 2009

Christmas in July ...



The weather is miserable here this morning. I love rainy days, but not the wind. It must have something to do with being a teacher prior to being a mummy. Windy days were always hard work. Kids were more flighty and playground duty was a nightmare!

On the way to school this morning Christmas in July came into our conversation. The kids were fascinated with the idea of having Christmas at any other time of the year. We decided that we would start our own tradition of Christmas in July. Decorations, invitations, food have already been discussed. I am looking forward to it already.

A seed must have been planted in my brain ast night when someone placed an order for Glasshouse candles Rockefeller (white spruce) last night for his wife and then again this morning when I came across these photos on Sunday Suppers blogspot. I know that they are not wintry - but don't they look fabulous!



No comments: