Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sharing a bedroom ...



I enjoy popping over to the US magazine site http://www.cookiemag.co/, every now and then. This story on a couple with 6 kids under 9 caught my eye: http://www.cookiemag.com/homefront/2006/11/flipartists

I love this quote: "Instead of breaking it up into little rooms, the Novogratzes turned the third floor into a boys' dorm, lining up the beds and cribs one right next to the other. "Kids don't need as much private space as we think they do," says Cortney. "Anyone who wants privacy can find it in another part of the house. Our kids know they're part of a team and a family."

OK, they have a HUGE house so there is plenty of space (there is even a basketball court on the roof) - but I like the sentiments ...

2 comments:

Melissa@Vidastyle said...

I just found your blog and have been enjoying reading it. I too like the concept of shared rooms. My two boys are sharing a room and they get on well most of the time.

Jennifer Barker said...

Thank you Melissa :)
I like the idea of shared rooms - although I don't know whether I would have said that 25 years ago - my sister and I had masking tape down the centre of the room!! Somehow though my side included the door and wardrobe ... I was the big sister!
Have a great weekend x