Thursday, March 26, 2009

Q & A with Allison from Lark


Allison and her family live in Daylesford, Victoria and have had an interesting Summer, given the weather conditions there. Today we hear from her:

1. How long have you been running your business?
Since 2004, after my second son was born, although it was a twinkle in my eye for many years before that!

2. What were you doing prior to your current venture?
I was a publishing executive.

3. If you had to choose your favourite product from your range, what would it be & why?
The knitted play food is Lark's best-know product and I still love it. Besides being cute, tactile, and totally practical, every piece is made by women living in poverty in Bangladesh and helps us to give them support and Fair Trade working conditions.

4. What do you do to relax?
I'm lucky enough to have a job that is also my hobby, so the distinction between work and relaxation is quite blurred for me. I spend lots of time making things, reading blogs and magazines, and playing with my kids.

5. If you were able to go wherever you wanted to this weekend, where would it be?
I'd pop back home to the UK for the weekend, so see my mum and my friends and do lots of shopping!

6. What was the last thing that you purchased?
Some rolls of vintage wallpaper at a fleamarket this morning.

7. Who lives at your place?
Me, my husband Paul, our two sons, two cats and a puppy. The Lark office is joined to our home so there are always staff and delivery people coming and going too, it's a pretty crazy place!


No comments: