Saturday, February 14, 2009

Soundtracks of my life...



You know those songs that make you stop and remember. Some even send this weird shiver through my body like it is not sure whether it is 32 (current age) or 8! Those songs where the feet start to dance like there is no one watching!!

One of those songs is the theme songs from Electric Dreams by Phil Oakey (1984). It is probably my favourite sentimental movie. As kids we loved it. We were in awe of Edgar the computer. I was in awe of the female lead. I wanted to be just like her. I wanted long permed hair, a big baggy white sweater be able to play the cello and fall in love with a guy like Miles! At the time I was having piano lessons. I was so excited when my piano teacher let me learn the minuet by Bach. Even more excited than learning to play the Country Practice theme!

My dad is an IT teacher. We grew up with apple computers in the house - before they were trendy. Computers were capable of anything ...


No comments: